Are you upset by Justin Trudeau's decision to give Omar Khadr a $10.5 million settlement? Take action by signing the petition below.
If you would like a physical copy to print you can download the petition here. This is a great way to gather signatures from other people you know may be interested in signing. You can then return the signed petition to my office in-person or by mail (255 8th St. S, Lethbridge, Alberta, T1J 4Y1).
Omar Khadr $10.5 Million Payout
- Omar Khadr participated in terrorist actions in Pakistan and Afghanistan, including fighting against coalition forces acting under the authorization of international law (which included Canadian troops),
- Omar Khadr undertook these actions at an age where he could have been tried as an adult under Canadian law,
- Omar Khadr confessed to the murder of American Medic Christopher Speer, to war crimes and to providing material support for terrorism,
- Canadians courts upheld this confession when Omar Khadr was repatriated to Canada in 2012,
- The repatriation of Omar Khadr to Canada addressed the concerns of the Supreme Court of Canada,
THEREFORE, we, the undersigned, concerned citizens and residents of Canada, proclaim our strong opposition to the Liberal Government’s decision to award Omar Khadr $10.5 million in tax-free cash, and we call upon the Prime Minister of Canada, the Right Honorable Justin Trudeau to apologize to the widow of Sgt. Christopher Speer, the members of the Canadian Forces, RCMP, and civil service that served in Afghanistan, and the Canadian people for his government’s actions; and call upon the Federal Government to assist the widow of Sgt. Christopher Speer in her legal fight to recover damages from Omar Khadr.